Once again, we’re offering exclusive CAN2GO product training at our Pittsburgh office, 10.29 – 10.30.13.
We had a terrific response last year when we offered you the opportunity to visit our Pittsburgh office and participate in a two-day product and programming training session for CAN2GO products.
So this year we thought we’d go ahead and do it all over again. We’re funny like that.
If you’re a control contractor or system integrator, you’ll most likely want to come find out about CAN2GO products, which offer wired and wireless solutions for HVAC, lighting and metering building automation applications. With their products, you can save time on the job and money on electrical costs by:
- Controlling lighting and HVAC in one controller
- Controlling EnOcean and ZigBee end-devices
- Controlling wired end-devices
- Supporting metering applications
- Creating gateways from EnOcean to BACnet, ZigBee to BACnet and more
- Deploying wired and wireless solutions
- Managing your BAS using a web BEMS
And now we’ve got your chance to learn much more about CAN2GO when we host an exclusive training session on October 29th and 30th.
Yes, that’s coming up soon. So you’d better hurry up and read the rest of this.
In this jam-packed two-day session, you’ll get an overview of network design and CAN2GO wireless technology planning; an overview of CAN2GO product capabilities and Lua scripting – including how to program HVAC and lighting applications; and you’ll receive hands-on exercises in configuration, wireless planning and Lua scripting. Even better, once you’ve completed the training you’ll be eligible to purchase CAN2GO products on alpscontrols.com at a specially-discounted pricing.
This is a must-attend training event because we are the only U.S.-based resource for purchasing CAN2GO products and we have limited availability that’s getting scooped up fast.
Here are some incredibly important bullets with more information and things to click:
- The cost for the two-day session is $495.
- To register, send an email to Curtis McCormick in our office here. Please include in your email your name, company name, and phone number.
- Plan to bring your laptop with Firefox installed – and here’s where you get Firefox if you don’t already have it.
- Find a hotel in Pittsburgh near our offices to stay in:
Time is flying – so register NOW to ensure you get a seat.
In the close collaborations that we form with the manufacturers whose products we sell on our site, we frequently get into deep “what if”-type discussions about products, industry trends, and how to work together to meet the challenges of building automation pros such as yourself.
And usually what happens next is that those manufacturers return to their design and engineering teams to come up with exciting and innovative new products for you to use.
We were recently kicking some ideas around, and decided that we’d reach out to you to weigh in:
Thanks for your opinion!
When you purchase your HVAC and building automation products online from alpscontrols.com, you’re already getting the best, most innovative products from our industry’s most well-known brands. And what’s more, our manufacturers are constantly offering free shipping options on your orders — so we thought we’d take this opportunity to give you an update on how you can save money right now.
Take a look:
- c3controls — Free ground freight on orders over $400 (catalog link)
- Connect-Air International — Free ground freight on orders over $1150 (catalog link)
- Danfoss Graham — Free ground freight on all variable frequency drive orders (catalog link)
- E-MON — Free ground freight on orders over $1100 (catalog link)
- Genesis Cable — Free ground freight on orders over $1150 (catalog link)
- Hoffman — Free ground freight on orders over $2300 (catalog link)
- Johnson Controls — Free ground freight on orders over $4500 (catalog link)
- KMC Controls — Free ground freight on orders over $1500 (catalog link)
- Panel Fab — Free ground freight available for orders of 20 or more EZ Panels — some restrictions apply; download more information here (catalog link)
- Parker Hannifin — Free ground freight on orders over $1800 (catalog link)
- PECO Manufacturing — Free ground freight on orders over $1900 (catalog link)
- Ruskin — Free ground freight (catalog link)
- Saginaw — Free ground freight on orders over $1250 (custom orders excluded) (catalog link)
- Sensor Switch — Free ground freight on orders over $1250 (catalog link)
- Siemens — Free ground freight on orders over $2500 (catalog link)
- Siemens — Free ground freight on all butterfly valve orders (catalog link)
- Vaisala — Free ground freight (catalog link)
Last month, we hosted our first Project Management Tools webinar, and in fact we pulled it off – if we humbly do say so ourselves – rather successfully. Both webinar sessions were filled to capacity, we took a handful of great questions, and our attendees have given us some terrific feedback.
Is that overselling it? We certainly hope so.
Either way, on June 11th, 2013, at 10:00 AM EST and June 18th, 2013, at 3:00 PM EST, Jim will show you how to build a material kit in your alpscontrols.com customer dashboard.
“What’s a material kit,” you say? Good question!
- It’s an online tool that helps you create a kit of parts that you order with regularity.
- This allows you to build, for example, a panel with all of the parts inside it, or a VAV box assembly, or anything you want, with as many parts as you want.
- And once you’ve built a material kit, you can save it in your online account and order it with a single click as many times as you want in the future.
The webinar will be about 30 minutes long, and it’s ideal for control contractors, purchasing agents, accounting folks, project managers — pretty much everyone at your company. The only requirement is that you need to have a customer account on our site; if you currently don’t, you can register here and we’ll create an account for you before the webinar.
We’ve mentioned to you a number of times that your customer dashboard on alpscontrols.com offers a robust set of project management tools that will change the way you order control parts for your projects — and save you plenty of time and truckloads of money. But even though we tell every single person we know about these tools, we occasionally meet a customer who isn’t taking advantage of them.
Because on May 9th, 2013, at 9:00 AM EST and May 23rd, 2013, at 3:00 PM EST, Jim’s hosting a webinar jam-packed with tips and tools that’ll help you save time, reduce errors and make your projects run more efficiently. You’ll learn:
- How easy it is to upload an entire valve schedule or material list into your online shopping cart
- How to organize your projects into purchasing phases and keep track of what’s been ordered, invoiced and shipped
- Where to view all of your product documentation in one place
- How to find all your invoices for a single project on one screen
- …and lots, lots more.
The webinar will be about 30 minutes long, and it’s ideal for control contractors, purchasing agents, accounting folks, project managers — pretty much everyone at your company. The only requirement is that you need to have a customer account on our site; if you currently don’t, just click the orange REGISTER NOW link at the top of the alpscontrols.com homepage and we’ll create an account for you before the webinar.
Next week, a handful of us from alpscontrols.com will be traveling to Dallas, Texas to attend the 2013 AHR Expo with a couple thousand of our closest pals in the HVAC industry.
Will we see you there? It’s certainly possible, but we’d also like to suggest that you stop by and visit a bunch of our supplier-partners who will be exhibiting their newest and greatest products at the show. Here’s a quick peek at who among our manufacturers will be there, and where to find them:
- Automation Components (ACI), Booth #940
- Bacharach, Booth #1118
- Badger Meter, Booth #2616
- BAPI, Booth #825
- Belimo, Booth #733
- Blue Ridge Technologies, Booth #933
- CAN2GO, Booth #945
- Cleveland Controls, Booth #2313
- Connect-Air International, Booth #715
- Contemporary Controls, Booth #889
- Continental Control Systems, Booth #761
- Danfoss Graham, Booth #1333
- Dent Instruments, Booth #823
- Dwyer, Booth #675
- E+E Elektronik, Booth #766
- Eaton Cutler-Hammer, Booth #2349
- E-Mon, Booth #5620
- Functional Devices, Booth #779
- GE Sensing-Telaire, Booth #804
- KMC Controls, Booth #729
- Neptronic, Booth #629
- ONICON, Booth #925
- SenseAir, Booth #720
- Setra Systems, Booth #890
- Solidyne, Booth #972
- Spartan Peripheral Devices, Booth #739
- Vaisala, Booth #872
- Viconics, Booth #953
- WattStopper, Booth #839
Have a terrific time in Dallas, and we hope to see you there!
We’d like to take this opportunity to say a word to you today, just one word:
See, we know that wire is important to the everyday operation of getting your building control projects done – but the way that you’re currently purchasing wire for these jobs is, most likely, inefficient and costly.
As always, we’d like to help you with that. So allow us to spend a few minutes acquainting you with these Five Spectacularly Great Reasons to Buy All of Your Wire from alpscontrols.com:
- The glorious convenience of one-stop shopping.
You’re already coming to alpscontrols.com for so many parts that you need for your projects, but did you know that you could add wire to your shopping cart as well? In fact, you can find hundreds of wire and cable variations on our site, filter them by gauge, conductor, shielding and rating, and choose specific packaging options: reels, in boxes, or reels-in-boxes.
- Consistent, reliable pricing.
This one is a pretty big deal. Pricing on wire and cables is subject to wild fluctuations because copper – wire and cable’s primary component – is a worldwide commodity item.
So when most wire distributors quote you a price, you’re never really sure if they’re treating you fairly. Today they might cut you a deal because copper prices are low and they want to win your business; tomorrow they could gouge you on price because the market’s more volatile.
So what do you do? You end up spending way too much time and effort chasing the best prices on wire, but you can never truly be sure if you’re getting the best price.
We do it differently. Our wire manufacturer ConnectAir International works with us to keep prices consistent and reliable over time, despite fluctuations in market prices. Because ConnectAir buys in bulk, they’re able to keep their prices steadier than just about any other cable supplier in the industry.
- ConnectAir has specifically designed cables for the controls industry.
In fact, very few other companies even stock cables and wire designed for your controllers. ConnectAir is the source of cables expressly made for systems by:
- Johnson Controls
So that means you can easily find a dependable cable solution for your system on our site – and feel confident that it’s the right one.
- We save you money on shipping, too.
We save you time and money on your shipping because ConnectAir sends it directly to you, not to a distributor’s warehouse where it has to be rerouted and shipped again. And even better: ConnectAir has multiple shipping locations (in Anaheim, CA; Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; and Tracy, CA), so they can deliver your wire and cable order anywhere in the United States within three days – and they’ll ship it ground freight for free on orders over $1150!
- We know control contractors and we know how to solve your problems.
Our many years of experience in the HVAC contractor world mean that we’re right there on the spot with you if you need advice and support (which you can find on alpscontrols.com right here!), and we work closely with ConnectAir to ensure that you can get everything you need. ConnectAir also offers customer-specific labeling options and colors through our site, and doesn’t require minimum orders.
Thanks for reading.
Here’s the thing: if you’re a registered user of alpscontrols.com, you’ve got at your fingertips an impressive assortment of project management tools that you might not be currently using, even though they could save you serious time and money on your building automation control projects.
(keep in mind: voting on this question does NOT register you for a webinar. we’ll follow up with you separately if enough people are interested in signing up.)
How the creation of a simple – but brilliant – duct smoke kit solution saves you lots of money on shipping.
Sometimes – in fact, lots of times – we’re amazed by the casual way in which our nearly 150 manufacturer-partners come up with new ways to solve problems in our industry. Sometimes it’s through the creation of a piece of technological brilliance: a new sensor chip or a more accurate wireless widget.
And sometimes, it’s simply a matter of cutting something up into smaller pieces.
Take the example of duct smoke kits, which are small plastic tubes that you stretch across the inside of an air duct in your building. The tubes gather air in and funnel it to a duct smoke detector, which then senses whether or not there’s smoke present in the duct. Then the detector sends a signal to your controller, activates smoke dampers to close – you know the rest.
But here’s the thing: these duct smoke tubes are most often purchased in 5- or 10-foot lengths, depending on your application. And they only weigh about a pound, but when you wanted to order them and have them shipped to you, you were locked into paying shipping on a big, long box.
Was that too many words? Here’s the idea:
Now keep in mind that when you’d order these, you might pay 100% of the cost of the product – or more – just in shipping.
Well, someone really smart over at Space Age Electronics looked at this problem and thought “Golly, that’s just not right” (I’m paraphrasing) – and then came up with an incredibly bright and simple idea: invent a new tube kit that breaks down into sections, making it smaller and easier to ship.
Wow. Just: wow. Here’s the new idea:
Now you can order Space Age duct smoke kits in 6-foot lengths that separate into three easy-to-fit sections, and you won’t have to choke on the shipping charges anymore.
Thanks for reading.
It should come as a shock to exactly no one with even a passing familiarity with alpscontrols.com that we’ve taken an approach to shipping that’s different — and, we dare to suggest, better — than other distributors in our business. We’ve put time and effort into creating shipping methods that ensure our customers get a great deal, so we figured it would be valuable to clue you in as to how we view this critical part of your supply chain management process.
Truth #1 that you need to know: When you receive the parts you’ve ordered on alpscontrols.com, we’ve already cut the shipping process down by half.
This is because traditional distributors are shipping your product twice: once from the manufacturer to their warehouse and then a second time when they ship it to you. We’ve eliminated this step by making deals with our suppliers to drop-ship your products directly to you. One trip per manufacturer means one shipping charge and one tracking number that you’re able to monitor right from your alpscontrols.com customer dashboard. To learn more, here’s a Quick Tips video on our website where you can learn how to track your orders.
Here’s Truth #2: We’ve made managing your shipping costs on alpscontrols.com into a simple, reliable and efficient process.
When it comes to shipping charges, our customers pay, on average over time, about 3% of the value of the products they’ve ordered. That figure varies somewhat, but is based on a customer who purchases a variety of products on our site (which most do) and who designates standard ground shipping for most of their purchases.
How have we made this so consistent and reliable? Because we’ve brokered a deal with the majority of our suppliers to use our UPS account when they ship your products to you, and we’ve negotiated a shipping rate with UPS based on the total volume of shipments made on our account. Add those two factors together and you get some pretty significant savings that we’ve passed along to you.
Truth #3: “Free” shipping is usually not what it seems to be.
If you place an order with a traditional distributor, you’ll see a lot of hootin’ and hollerin’ about free shipping with a specified minimum amount — but the fact is, it isn’t really free. It can’t be, right? You know inherently that there is a cost for moving products from the manufacturers’ factories to the distributor and then to you, and those costs have to covered somewhere along the line. The truth usually can be found in a distributor’s use of “free freight” to justify higher prices on the products themselves.
At alpscontrols.com, the pricetag on your parts is up-front, transparent — and low. Your shipping costs are consistent and reliable. And you can manage shipping costs right from your dashboard by printing a report that shows the dollar amount of the products you’ve bought, your shipping costs, and a percentage value of those shipping costs based on the products you’ve bought — so you can adjust your shipping methods to get the most out of your money.
Still, free shipping can be an attractive incentive, so we’d like your honest opinion:
And there’s one more Truth we’d like to impart today:
Periodically, our supplier-partners do offer our customers incentive deals on shipping that you’ll want to consider as you go about ordering products on our site. Take a look:
- C3Controls — Free ground freight on orders over $400
- Connect-Air — Free ground freight on orders over $1150
- Danfoss — Free ground freight on all variable frequency drive orders
- E-MON — Free ground freight on orders over $1100
- Genesis Cable — Free ground freight on orders over $1150
- Johnson Controls — Free ground freight on orders over $4500
- Hoffman — Free ground freight on orders over $2300
- Parker Hannifin — Free ground freight on orders over $1800
- PECO — Free ground freight on orders over $1900
- Ruskin — Free ground freight
- Saginaw — Free ground freight on orders over $1250 (custom orders excluded)
- Sensor Switch — Free ground freight on orders over $1250
- Siemens — Free ground freight on orders over $2500
- Siemens — Free ground freight on all butterfly valve orders
- Vaisala — Free ground freight
We’ll update this list as necessary, so check back here to see new shipping offers.